Meta (Formerly Facebook Nigeria) – Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer, New Product Experimentation
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world. We are an organization of passionate and talented builders focused on developing a pipeline of new applications and experiences that can change people’s lives and everyday experiences.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer versed in building mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Work closely with product teams to build new and innovative application experiences for Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Build spec-perfect, performant products across both iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Extensive experience building React Native applications for Android & iOS
- Expertise of working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio/IntelliJ
- Understanding of GraphQL query language and core concepts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Start up experience, creative, scrappy, high attention to detail, and extreme interest in craft
- Experience building natively Android.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online