Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Engineer I
Job Number: 1028906
Employment Type: Full-Time
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- In Mixed Reality, people not devices are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility.
- To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
- The Mixed Reality Platform team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to add to our team to design, implement, and validate the next generation of platforms, APIs, middleware, and tools for Mixed Reality developers. These empower first- and third-party developers to make awesome experiences with Microsoft HoloLens and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- You design and implement powerful, efficient, and intuitive APIs and tools for developers to create Mixed Reality applications and integrate Mixed Reality Services.
- You enable developers to utilize human interactions, objects, space, and surfaces in the world around them
- You create consistent platforms for developers to effortlessly take their experiences across devices.
- 2+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience in C/C++, C#, Java, or Rust
- Experience building Unity 3D applications or games
- Experience with front-end, web, or mobile development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits / Perks
Listed below are the benefits/perks, and may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.