Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, the largest Technology Training company in Africa, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The full stack developer will be responsible for full stack enterprise software development in multi-application, multi-server, and hosted environments.
- The candidate will primarily provide system/configuration support with a focus in helping the needs of both internal and external customers. The successful candidate will participate in all facets of software and system development life-cycle.
- Develop applications and other enterprise technical solutions to support the business needs through the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance phases of the software and systems development lifecycle.
- Identify gaps that the commercial marketplace cannot fill and to offer alternative IT enterprise solutions as needed.
- Research the external environment, and recommend viable partnerships for business growth.
- Lead and manage the Software Development Team to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users.
- Interface with different stakeholders to determine and propose appropriate and effective enterprise technology solutions to meet their business and technical objectives.
- Provide technical marketing and sales support activities necessary to ensure success of the software solutions offered. This will include the promotion and demonstration of the software solutions to clients where appropriate.
- Define the scope of software projects; provide milestones, budgets, identify dependencies and development time estimates.
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business.
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Produce and maintain documentation including user guides for all software developed.
- Provide hands-on guidance and leadership to software engineers; provide mentorship and promote career development of team members.
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities and accountabilities of the Software Team.
- Undertake any other assigned tasks given by your supervisor or Senior Management.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline.
- 7 – 10 years of cognate experience in the same related field with a proven track record.
- Expert experience in the following etc: C++, Java, databases, XML, Sockets, Concurrency, OOD/OOP, Design Patterns, Source Code Control, Task/Defect Tracking
- A relevant professional certification in software development is highly essential
- Excellent communication skills
- General Knowledge of a wide range software products, the technology used and key markets
- Knowledge of project management techniques and software for tracking project progress
- Significant knowledge and experience of strategic planning, implementing and managing large scale complex IT
- Experience of IT business analysis tools and processes.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.