Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client is a world leader in the delivery of tailored Constructive Solutions for virtually any type of construction project, combining high-quality products, expert technical support, customer service and innovation. We been producing innovative construction chemicals that help gives strength and increase the life span of a modern building.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client has an immediate, full-time opening for an experienced Site Supervisor to oversee construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and applicators.
- We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our growing team.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of the construction industry and should have relevant experience in construction or civil engineering as well as appropriate health and safety training.
- Follow established quality control procedures to ensure that concrete mixes produced meet the customer’s job-specific requirements.
- Conduct quality control testing on aggregate and concrete products including, but not limited to, field testing (slump, air content, unit weight, yield, cylinders, etc.), gradations on production aggregates, and lab work (compression testing and scheduling).
- Mix and test trial batches in advance of jobs within provided specifications.
- Test field cylinders in the lab using established quality control procedures, and accurately record results.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of testing completed with results.
- Maintain lab area and equipment according to industry standard.
- Follow all company safety regulations and policies at all times.
- Follow all company environmental regulations and policies at all times.
- Represent company with professionalism and customer service in mind at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc Degree in Civil Engineering, other qualifications may be considered based on attributes and experience.
- 5 – 8 years experience in Project Management.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to communicate with, motivate, and if necessary discipline the workforce.
- The ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- First aid training.
- Organizational skills.
- The ability to mediate to resolve issues.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2021.