Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SIPML Internal Audit Officer
Job ID: 61389
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Job Sector: Financial Services
- To ensure that the internal audit function of the Bank provides quality services that complies with internal and international auditing standards and management expectations.
- To effectively and efficiently carry out planned assignments approved by the Board Audit Committee.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Having and applying strong knowledge of accounting and operations of investment schemes, Investment Banking and operations.
- Engage stakeholders and audit clients effectively.
- Effectively analyse the business environment and the impact of changes in the socio – economic and regulatory environment and the impact on SIPML.
- Performing/leading audits in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology and professional practice standards; drafting of audit reports; presenting issues to the business; and discussing practical solutions.
- Understanding the interconnectedness of products departments and teams within SIPML and how they impact on the area of responsibility.
- Delivering timely, high quality audit reports
- Upholding the highest possible quality of services through various quality control checks and appropriate allocation of duties.
- Maintaining the use of best practices by researching and adopting new audit techniques where relevant.
- Reporting monthly and quarterly and annual audit results; issues validation;
- Participating in major initiatives and proactively providing advice and assistance on change initiatives.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Possess of a First Degree in Accounting or related field.
- A professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, COBIT or similar is a plus.
- Relevant experience in Investment banking, finance or relevant audit function.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online