United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Support Officer
- Resolve service problems by clarifying customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Monitor requests and complaints lodged against Corporate Services on the GRP to ensure all requests/complaints are resolved within stipulated TAT
- Recommend potential services by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Read from scripts
- Handle changes in policies or renewals
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail or social media.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Master’s Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Judgment & decision making.
- Complex Problem Solving.
- Excel & PowerPoint Presentation skill.
- Proven customer support experience
- Knowledge of functions of different roles within Corporate Services
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online