ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Service Centre Manager
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting Line: Head of Customer Experience
Job Purpose / Mission
- Engie Energy Access Nigeria is seeking a talented and motivated Service Center Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
- This position is a key role within the Customer Experience Department in a fast-paced environment at the forefront of providing a world-class customer service experience in the sectors of renewable energy and mobile payment technology.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Service Center Team Leads for the delivery and provision of an exceptional last mile customer experience that actively promotes customer retention.
- The Service Center Manager is responsible for all Service Centre performance indicators and maintaining an exceptional standard within the network as this grows to scale.
- They will be responsible for the management and development of their team including performance management, skills training, providing feedback for continuous improvement, professional development, hiring, transfers, culture and team motivation.
- They will also contribute to the overall Customer Experience strategic plan and form part of the CX leadership team.
- It requires an individual who will drive key strategic initiatives focused on improving efficiency and quality across multiple company verticals, with support from global teams.
- Using data-driven insights to make project recommendations to implement, as well as drive project rollout at scale.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Drive innovation at our Service Centers to improve customer experience and/or increase the efficiency of the Service Centers.
- Spearhead hiring and recruitment of new SCA team in new locations as part of the overall strategic last-mile distribution plans.
- Ensure effective communication and implementation of processes, policies and procedures that drive the business at the Service Center level.
- Provide exceptional leadership and support to the Service Centre Cluster Leads and their remote field-based teams ensuring that they maintain Fenix standards of exceptional customer experience
- Create tools and processes needed for the smooth day to day operations by the SCAs
- Develop training materials and create scalable training systems
- Collaborate with the Sales Team and Portfolio health teams to drive growth and ensure customer retention
- Collect, analyze, and report data from monthly SCA activities and tools including but not limited to the use of SCA Scorecards, exceptional CX standards, Service Center quality standards, Service Center network growth (including finding, preparation of MVPs and launching new Service Centers), inventory control, generating revenue through upgrade and new kit sales, customer follow-ups etc
- Tracking within team budget and expenses, propose future costing and ensure budget adherence
- Identify relevant cost reduction strategies, ensuring implementation will not be at the expense of other company goals, in particular, customer experience
- Work with the Head of Customer Experience on special projects related to Customer Experience or across country-level operations as required.
- At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team.
- Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decisions which contribute to the successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader, you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader, you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Qualifications, Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Customer Service or relevant field
- 7 years minimum related experience. 2+ years experience managing teams and delivering after-sales service and/ or customer service related fields
- Demonstrate a passion for Fenix’s mission, values and customers.
- Working knowledge of customer experience, centre management concepts and tools.
- Experience as a collaborative, hands-on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and/or roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills both with teams and across multiple departments
- Critical thinker with strong strategic and competitive insights
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and willingness for rural travel spending up to 40% of the time in the field, getting to know the Fenix customer and their teams
- Intermediate skills with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Organised and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English and at least one local language
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience working in the field of renewable energy or financial service
- Experience working with last-mile customers and managing remote teams
- Experience with Tableau, SQL or other data analytics tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online