Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor (HIV / TB)
Requisition ID: 2022200273
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Director
- The Senior Technical Advisor (HIV/TB) provides leadership and technical support to the project in the areas of clinical care/ART, PMTCT and reproductive health. S/he coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health/family planning services (RH/FP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the clinical care/ART to provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches
- Coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs Provide oversight and supervisory roles to the appropriate technical staff Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs
- Represent AHNi to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Experience implementing in the North East zone of Nigeria Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance
- Ability to represent AHNI to donors, government officials and the NGO community
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills
- Proven ability in supervising staff Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online