Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tax Adviser / Manager – Nigeria Gas
Job Reference: R40903
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Finance
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Finance
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- An ideal role for professionals with extensive tax advisory experience with the ability to influence and work with teams who wants to be a part of the world’s leading oil and gas brand.
- Join us and build your core skills in a positive, team-focused environment!
Where you fit in:
- Working as part of the Global Tax Organization, you will fully support Shell and Finance’s strategy and priorities, to support our evolving portfolio and mission of helping society get to net zero.
- As Tax Adviser/Manager, you will report into the Country Tax Manager (CTM) for Nigeria. You will be part of a team which support Shell Nigeria Tax full time. Whilst this role has a specific Upstream business focus as a base, the role is however part of a pool of tax resources and so will need to work flexibly as priorities demand.
What’s the Role
- In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), your focus will be on managing the Upstream Integrated Gas and Downstream Gas fiscals, along with other Upstream fiscal issues as they arise. Specifically, to lead the provision of local tax advice on the Nigerian Gas Business, to ensure fiscal compliance and effective risk management as well as supporting business objectives & value creation.
- This will involve, amongst others, achieving a sustainable competitive rate of tax for Shell Nigeria Upstream Petroleum operations & gas assets, providing tax services to the Gas Directorate and ensure effective value chain tax planning in conjunction with other tax advisers.
- Furthermore, you will support the CTM to provide local tax advice for Nigeria, to ensure fiscal compliance, effective risk management and in support of business objectives and value creation taking into consideration the impact of future changes in tax legislation on the oil and gas industry.
- You will also assist the CTM in delivering accurate Tax advice and tax assurance submissions. This includes supporting external tax transparency for Nigeria.
What We Need From You?
- We’re keen to hear from tax professionals who have at least 10 years’ experience in upstream corporate tax, along with the appropriate educational, technical and professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, or equivalent.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Extensive Local tax experience commensurate with the seniority of the role, gained working for another multinational, or a professional firm. This is an individual contributor role.
- Ability in managing tax risks whilst supporting business objectives. Make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes commensurate with the seniority of the role.
- Flexibility in undertaking other activities as required.
- Ability to support the partnership with and reliance on Business and Integrated Gas Ventures (IGV) to make judgments on low-risk tax activities (provision of tools, documents, decision trees, etc.).
- Ability to lead high performing teams and effectively coach and develop people for personal growth.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online