We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior System Analyst
Job Code: SSA – 402
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Senior Systems Analyst position requires strong analytical and business skills, and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
- The incumbent will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants.
- The position requires at least 5 – 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- You must have a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not exclusive to:
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing databases and application.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Verify database and data integrity.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT network team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Head of Development.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Should have a minimum of 6 years of technology experience with at least 5 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL and MySQL.
- Background in Microsoft .NET Core, Frameworks (React, Angular, Vue), CSS and HTML.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. “COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.