Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Support Engineer – PaaS Dev (Azure Rapid Response)
Job Number: 1267533
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Profession: Technical Support
Role type: Individual Contributor
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- As cloud goes mainstream, Azure leads the way. Our continued success depends on providing customers a world class support experience. So, are you customer obsessed? Data Driven? An amazing collaborator & communicator? A skilled troubleshooter and debugger? Then join us in the ARR team, as we are looking for true technical leaders to lead the way.
- Azure Rapid Response (ARR) is a OneService Team Award winner and a true global team, spread in America, Asia and EMEA. We provide end-to-end Azure solution support for the most critical enterprise customers and the top start-up’s.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate great accountability, customer obsession and technical leadership. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impact: managing customer relationships, increasing customer value and their experience with our products and services.
- Problem solving through deep troubleshooting, debugging, log analysis
- Work with customers to understand their technical needs, and define an action plan to meet them, collaborating with peers or other teams regularly.
- Ability to build business relationships with key customer contacts and Customer Success Account Managers.
As a Customer Lead:
- Participate in regular governance calls with assigned customers and account team stakeholders; solicit customer support needs, blockers, challenges, and any concerns around their support experiences, then leverage available resources to address.
- Capture key customer context and raise awareness of events and/or need-to-know information across the team.
- Identify problems and/or improvement opportunities via routine review of customer case trends; track and drive mitigation, solution development, and/or team awareness.
- Share best practices and other resources based on customer Azure usage areas and observed trends.
- Identify and respond to critical customer issues specific to Azure Services or Azure Platform and be able to conduct in-depth diagnostics.
- Share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
- Any other such as German, Spanish, French, other European language is a plus.
- Technical Leadership – handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
- Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager
- Ability to discover, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
- Ability to have effective communication with various stakeholders within and outside of Microsoft
Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
- Application development & debugging experience (c/c++/c#, Python, Node.JS, etc.)
- Azure Application development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Web Site troubleshooting and coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.