Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Social Media Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is looking for a Senior Social Media Manager to join the team. As a Senior Social Media Manager, you will develop and execute social media and digitally-focused initiatives across our social media channels, aimed at engaging with the Pulse audience and clients.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate, socially aware of changing media trends, and equal parts a content developer and community manager.
- The Senior Social Media Manager is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office.
- The role will report to the Head of Social Media and work very closely with the Editor in Chief.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities in line with KPIs including but not limited to:
- Management of Pulse Nigeria’s social media pages; create, curate, and distribute content relevant to the target audience across all assigned social media channels; ensuring proper content distribution, proper use of channels’ features, and community management following standard execution guidelines.
- Community management – daily spam-check across all the channels and other commenting systems. Approve comments when necessary & quick response/monitoring of comments following the standard guidelines.
- Monitor trends and happenings across channels using social media tools such as; IO Analytics, CrowdTangle, etc., and ensure time-to-market for the content distribution is efficient.
- Become an advocate for the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategies and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business – Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Keep up to date, research, and suggest new social media account management tools.
- Collaborate with other teams: Editorial, Video, and Sales teams to achieve company-wide goals.
- Support the Head of Social Media and Head of Marketing to actively propose and help implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
Skills that would make a candidate Successful in this Role:
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing social media accounts.
- Great content creation skills.
- A good knowledge of social media tools such as IO Analytics, CrowdTangle, etc.
Working at Pulse
- The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
- As a team, we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
- Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers – here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse, and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred.
- If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.