First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Market Service Coordinator, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
Job Identification: 476
- To support the team in implementing the Group’s Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CRS) proposition and initiatives
- To coordinate the process of data gathering for the production of the Group’s Corporate responsibility & sustainability report; ensuring it meets global best practice and standards
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Unit Head to drive the implementation of the Group’s CRS Initiatives working towards possible cost and sustainability savings.
- Work with Group and business functions to align the sustainability agenda with business goals, as well as ensuring adherence to global best practices.
- Support the team in external and internal stakeholder engagement in delivering to the Group CRS agenda. The stakeholders include staff, government, community leaders, NGOS, Media and corporate entities.
- Conduct research into corporations, non-profits and competitors to keep the Bank abreast of Corporate responsibility and sustainability trends by using a range of different methods.
- Ensure effective communication with all project stakeholders to ensure they are fully updated with the project’s progress.
- Work with Unit head, ensure compliance with the CRS and other sustainability policies through cross functional engagement with all departments working with business heads to lead effective stakeholder engagement programmes.
- Guide and direct vendors and third parties in achieving FirstBank’s social investment
- Coordinate implementation of the Bank’s financial literacy programs spread across secondary schools in Nigeria.
- Preparation of Sustainability reports- in line with global reporting standards to national and global regulatory bodies.
- Review and recommend incoming proposals that identify with the Bank’s social causes for support thereby strengthening relationships.
- Minimum Education: A minimum of First Degree in Social Sciences including International Relations; Corporate Sustainability or related disciplines. A legal background is an added advantage.
- Minimum experience: 7-10 years significant experience to include the Not-for-Profit sector; Banking; or Telecommunications sectors is required
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online