Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Managing Consultant (West Africa)
Ref No: R-128720
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible.
- Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential.
- Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences.
- We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
- MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
- With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard’s strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard’s global thought-leadership pre-eminence
- Drive business development efforts for MasterCard Advisors Business (Consulting Services, Managed Services and Information Services) for clients across Anglophone and Francophone West Africa
- Deliver against sales targets for existing accounts and/or contribute to MasterCard Worldwide deal bids
- Capture senior and mid-level clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests, and identify most critical aspects of the problem
- Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems
- Contribute to formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation
- Create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
- Provide input into project delivery, quickly identifying shortcomings in projects and take remedial action
- Manage complete capture of assignment knowledge and drive to ensure it is available firm-wide (knowledge management)
- Drive thought leadership to the development of intellectual capital, point of views, articles, and blogs
- Leverage deep knowledge of all the MasterCard Advisors capabilities and how they fit together to offer new innovative solutions
All About You
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA or relevant post graduate degree is an advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in top management consulting firms or experience as an ‘internal consultant’/change leader in a relevant industry
- Knowledge of payments market, trends and opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English & French
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
- Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
- Ability to gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working extensively in Francophone Africa is an advantage
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online