MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Company Secretariat, COSEC
Job Identification: 1243
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
- Align the results of the CoSec vertical, collectively and as individual work areas, ensuring that the Group guidelines are duly complied with
- Measure the impact and benefit of the function to MoMo Payment Service Bank and in turn, Group FinCo and report the true-value metrics.
- Implement & execute policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by group Company Secretarial team and ensure compliance with the same.
- Implement governance to manage the consolidated MoMo Payment Service Bank Company Secretarial strategy, budgets and financials, under direction from the MoMo Payment Service Bank CEO
- Cascade the Group Fintech budget, analytics and reporting framework in the function, under direction from the MoMo Payment Service Bank CEO
- Guide the CEO and Board to ensure they operate in accordance with rules and regulations
- Facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors, and shareholders
- Responsible for the administration of the company, for example: maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries, and shareholders with all their past and present shareholdings, organizing board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs), preparing agendas and taking minute
- Provide Company Secretarial Services for Board meetings and ensure that legal requirements related to the meetings are fulfilled, as well as follow up on actions from meetings.
- Issue notice and agenda of board meetings to Board Members of the company board
- Provide the Board with required guidance and advice in the discharge of their duties, responsibilities, and powers
- Responsible for arranging Executive Committee meetings and such other meetings as may be required from time to time and keeping track of minutes of meeting and write reports
- Handle correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Signing corporate documents and attending to corporate notices and correspondence and conducting relations with the shareholders on matters concerning corporate policy and shareholders meetings.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining director’s obligations guidelines regarding compliance, corporate governance, business ethics issues and practice including regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that previous board decisions and policies are upheld and implemented; monitoring and addressing issues of non-compliance
- File necessary documents with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- File Corporate Governance Returns and any requisite documents with the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Support in company incorporations and branch establishments, including managing corporate documents for use abroad.
- Custodian of the Delegation of Authority Matrix across the organization.
- First Degree in Law or allied field
- Membership of ICSAN (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria) is mandatory.
- Fluent in English.
9 – 17 years’ experience which includes:
- Previous experience in a Company secretarial role of a listed company or multinational an advantage. Experience must include exposure in company Secretariat management
- Fintech, Banking or Financial Services Experience an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships are essential. Ability to forge a strong and trusting working relationship with the Board, Chairman and the CEO.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online