Maventeq Systems Limited – Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Review and update the technical descriptions for all instrumentation materials installed and in operational spares stock at COMPANY facilities
- Embark upon Site Visit to warehouses in order to carry out a detailed inspection (QA/QC) of instrumentation stock materials in order to ascertain their conditions.
- Update and populate all necessary templates required to load the updated technical description
data into the COMPANY’s CMIMS (SAP database)
- Formulate a plan, review and analyze preventive maintenance strategy for the equipment instrumentation in order to achieve highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Identify all requirements for material/equipment certification (ATEX, equipment, Mill test, Calibration, pressure test certificates, lifting certificates etc.) for all installed instrumentation materials/equipment and operational spare parts.
- Review material inventory in SAP and Identify and remove obsolete materials from FLOCs and replace them with current materials.
- Review on site and identify materials that are not found in SAP (missing BOM) and create them in line with COMPANY’s procedure for adding materials to SAP.
- Provide technical advice during troubleshooting and corrective action of instrument breakdown or failures to find the root cause and best solution in order to restore the functionality back to normal.
- Attend to technical query by operation personnel and provide advice/solution according to best engineering practice to address issues which affect the operation.
- Monitor spare parts and inventory for critical instrumentation to ensure availability when required in order to minimize production interruption. Establish new inventory/cataloging where necessary. Update information in the inventory to ensure it is relevant for the current operation.
- QA/QC inspection of incoming/delivered materials and outgoing materials and tools to be loaded to offshore sites
- Provide technical inputs in full cycle of procurement processes for contract, materials and service requisition where required so that all technical requirements are addressed properly to protect company interest.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of instrumentation engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Develop the plan, scope and lead the execution of shutdown works for instrumentation to ensure completion within the specified window.
- Supervise work execution on site, develop procedures and instruction for either maintenance, shutdown or project to ensure compliance to safety, specification, standard and procedures in order to achieve highest quality of the work
- Ensure compliance with internal and external HSE Regulations and Specifications
Key Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related
- 7+ years experience in Instrumentation engineering design (onshore & offshore) within the Oil and Gas EPC (or related) environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player and able to work with all levels of management and multinational staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work as well.
- Proficient in the use of CMIMS (SAP/UNISUP).
- Preferably a NSE/COREN Registered Engineer
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) including (CA-EBS) training
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, standards, oil and gas industry design specifications and practices e.g. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who meets the job requirements will be contacted.