iMMAP is an international non-governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior, IMO – COVID Response
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Status: National Consultant
- The outbreak of COVID-19 brought about unprecedented change to the way governments, institutions, and people do business globally including Nigeria, where the first case was reported on the 27th of February 2020. Late 2019, the situation in northeast Nigeria was already fragile with an estimated 7.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance due to the protracted conflict.
- The COVID-19 outbreak and imposed movement restrictions including on trade, added the brunt of an additional one third – within a couple of months – to the people in need reaching 10.6 million. The humanitarian community is required to maintain the presence and increase reach in the northeast while access to updated and disaggregated information became more challenging. Therefore, actors will relay further on the use of secondary data and remote data collection methods.
- In collaboration with OCHA, this project aims to support the humanitarian sectors in northeast Nigeria with information management services including the establishment of continuous screening/ update of Secondary Data Review (SDR) repository, technical backstopping to sectors’ Information Management and for monthly situation analysis. This project will support a global project involving 6 countries. The position is supervised by the Senior IMO/Analyst Project Lead.
- The Senior National IMO will oversee the data management (cleaning, verification, standardization) in close coordination with the Senior Analyst and with the Project Lead. Additionally, the IMO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness the distribution of materials.
- The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
- The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- The IMO will proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
- The IMO will identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organizations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
- The IMO will identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
- The IMO will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
- The IMO will adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
- The IMO will develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in-country upon request.
- The IMO will facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management.
- The IMO will generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster specific trends.
- The IMO will support new and ongoing assessments.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
- Maintain databases, provide data entry if required
- Participate in, and coordinate with, the secondary data analysis tagging team, and ensure the information is captured correctly
- Be in in regular communication with the senior analysis team and the global COVID project manager.
Mapping – Specific:
- The IMO will develop maps of 4Ws, sector resources, needs, Gaps per location;
- The IMO will maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets;
- The IMO will attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team and country director to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
- The IMO will participate in cluster meetings and/or the IM working group.
- The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other agencies, when required.
- Advanced Degree in the field of information management; data analysis or equivalent
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- High level of proficiency in English (required)
- Knowledge of working with the DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is an advantage
- Excellent writing and secondary data analysis skills
- Advanced know of the humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi-sector assessments.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
- Disclaimer: Note that due to the urgency of this position, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the recruitment closing date.