Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Front – End Developer
- Must have high bandwidth for learning and exhibit a drive for personal growth. Must also have an innate passion to solve problems and a drive to stay engaged, learn, and level-up quickly.
As a Senior Front-End Developer, your job responsibilities will include the following;
- Write clean, organized, and well thought out code.
- Use GIT for version controlling and managing codebases with multiple developers.
- Work with data-handling via AJAX and JSON.
- Prototype usable experiences using Bootstrap.
- Effectively debug, understand, and resolve issues within your code.
- Stage work done on leading cloud provider (Heroku, AWS, DigitalOcean, …) for review and feedback.
- Prove that you care about the performance of your code and finished product.
- Collaborate with other developers and contribute to building shared standards, tools, and approaches.
- Has at least 5 years experience In web front end development.
- Strong focus on test driven development, loves unit and integration testing.
- Understands agile development and source control management, GIT experience a strong plus.
- Full experience in software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, prototyping, development, deployment, and post release support and troubleshooting.
- Able to code for cross browser compatibility and adaptive layouts for various rendering profiles.
- Strong communication skills and experience in customer troubleshooting.
- Experienced in staging code on cloud platforms (Heroku, AWS, DigitalOcean, …) for feedback and review.
- Works well in a team environment with fellow developers, designers and product managers.
- Always learning and expanding knowledge and skills, picking up new frameworks and libraries that will benefit the product.
- AWS – Cloud Infrastructure
- Nodejs or Golang – Primary backend languages
- MongoDB, Redis – Data persistence
- RabbitMQ or Nats – Message broker
- Bitbucket – Source code management
- Sentry – Log management
- Postman, cypress – Testing tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online