9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Transmission Planning & Optimisation
Job ID: IRC4509
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Plans, designs and optimizes all access transmission links for sites, enterprise rollout and last mile deployments for the entire 9 Mobile Network
- Responsible for the planning and design of microwave links to support 9 Mobile site, enterprise rollout and last mile deployments in the northern region of Nigeria.
- Responsible for all transmission link budgets and transmission designs for site rollout activities.
- Responsible for network resilience plans and designs in the northern region of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the design of transmission links for site connectivity and ensure limited sites dependencies on hub and major hub sites.
- Responsible for the design and planning of microwave last-mile links to support POI and MGW Connections.
- Responsible for the design and planning of all upgrades with reference to Iub cases and BTS sites optimization.
- Responsible and supervises all desktop surveys for all enterprise clients and validates backhaul connectivities.
- Responsible for planning and designing transmission links to support UMTS, LTE and 5G.
- Responsible for frequency planning for microwave transmission networks.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a structured growth plan for future traffic
- Responsible for the development and planning of effective microwave transmission network protection methods.
- Coordinate and compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Transmission.
- Supervises the approval of all network drawings, TSS reports and review of all low-level design documents in R3.
- Supervises the conducting line of sight(LOS) survey for transmission links in region 3.
- Supervises the generation of work order to technical project delivery (TPD), Network Rollout and Transmission Operation(TXOP).
- Keeps abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to transmission planning and design.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and databases of existing access transmission infrastructures in EMTS.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Manager.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Access Microwave Transmission Technologies
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Microwave transport network expertise.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online