9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Optimization
- Responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks in assigned region.
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and developments to access the impact on 9mobile current and future business.
- Coordinates inter functional relations between units within 9mobile to achieve deliverables and address technical issues while ensuring synergy across the various departmental function
- Monitor radio planning and optimization of assigned BSC, RNC and eNodeB areas in accordance with 9mobile guidelines.
- Ensure quality of network in assigned area; coordinates with all stakeholders from Implementation, operations and maintenance to achieve same.
- Participate in radio capacity planning and resource management
- Ensure agreed cell level, BSC/RNC/eNodeB level, and Network level KPIs (2G, 3G and 4G) are not lower than defined thresholds.
- Work together with the Principal Engineer on technical trials/feature testing.
- Spectrum Management and Frequency Planning.
- Ensure accuracy in reporting and presentation of all technical plans
- Work with RF Planning Manager to understand the RF design, cluster definition, customer expectation, and network configuration in assigned area.
- Study RF design coverage maps and identify problem areas in terms of coverage, interference, or pilot pollution.
- Preparing reports and presentations about the radio network plans and the network performance.
- Documenting and writing 9mobile’s engineering processes for RF Planning and Optimization unit.
- Assist in identifying specialist tools, equipment, and solutions for radio network enhancement.
- Ensure the methods and procedures handbook on optimization is followed correctly and optimization procedures implemented are consistent with 9mobile guidelines.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of optimization-related actions; also maintain archives of all collected data.
- Link budget analysis and generating propagation models for the different area types.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager, RF Planning and Optimisation
- First degree orequivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Four (4) to Six (6) years relevant work experience
- Advance knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE & UMTS radio planning & optimization tools
- Indepth understanding of planning and configuration principles
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Network Planning and Design
- Radio Access Technologies
- 2G/ 3G/ 4G planning and optimization
- Problem Solving
- Presentation skills
- Data analysis
- Passion forExcellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online