SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer – H / F
Job Reference: 2021-22336
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Assist the Head of Electrical Maintenance in the provision of technical support to the site maintenance teams for electrical / HVAC equipment and systems.
- Supervise the development and planning of minor electrical modifications and improvement projects, to ensure safe, timely and cost effective execution in accordance with company standards and specifications.
- Prepare scope of work for approved work programs ensuring that all relevant operating procedures and safety regulations are clearly outlined.
- Prepare bill of material for electrical work and ensure that all necessary materials and equipment are available as and when required.
- Prepare scope of work and calls for bids and issue these to contractors invited to tender for electrical works to be performed.
- Ensure that the procurement of electrical/HVAC materials and equipment matches the project objectives.
- Support the lead Electrical Engineer in the management of the electrical detailed engineering activities.
- Supervise execution of electrical / HVAC modification works at site by external contractor ensuring that the proper procedures are followed and that all modifications are properly documented and carried out according to stated standards.
- Assist with the analysis of equipment malfunctions and makes recommendation for repair and future preventive action.
- Assist with the preparation of the preventive maintenance schedule for electrical/HVAC plant and equipment.
- Ensure that the planned preventive maintenance is carried out as planned.
- Monitors and updates materials MRP data, review stock quantities, usage and consumption to minimize the stock value whilst ensuring that all spare parts are available for routine, breakdown and shutdown maintenance.
- Support the Head Electrical Engineer in the preparation of company’s estimate and yearly budget plans and follows up on any budget variation or reconciliation issues with NAPIMS.
- Troubleshoot complex or recurring electrical problems which require technical analysis and resolution with the help of other departments, vendors or original equipment manufacturers and recommend sound and cost-effective solutions.
- Administer the electrical/HVAC planned preventive program, to ensure that the maintenance tasks undertaken are adequate
- to prevent unplanned equipment failure.
- Liaise with vendors and the original equipment manufacturers for all queries regarding maintenance, modifications, spare parts, drawings, and the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure that all drawings, plans, manuals and Maintenance Equipment Log Book (MELB) are up-to-date and “as-built” and directs draftsmen to carry out all corrections and reflect any alterations, modifications and additions to electrical equipment system.
- Review and check work completed by contractors ensures compliance with work is satisfactorily completed, make necessary corrections, and submit to the Maintenance Methods Engineer for endorsement
- B.Sc. Engineering Degree in Electrical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years experience working with electrical plant and equipment within an Oil and gas or
- Petrochemical environment.
- Good knowledge of electrical HV and LV systems.
- Technical reporting, good mathematical skills and basic computer software skills.
- 10 years or more.
- H2 B2 Electrical.
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online