WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor
Job type: Permanent
- Passionate about capacity strengthening in international development? Help WaterAid to catalyse a step-change in water, sanitation and hygiene services?
- Join WaterAid as Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. Joining just as we launch a new and ambitious global strategy, you’ll also be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- This role is part of our Programme Support Unit, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical specialists, advisors and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH services to people who are the world’s poorest and most marginalised.
- The Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor will lead and drive forward WaterAid’s capacity strengthening agenda, which includes building WaterAid’s approach to capacity strengthening on technical work of the staff and the WASH sector.
- The Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor will provide technical support and oversight for capacity strengthening and curriculum development efforts which have grown over the years.
- The post holder will work closely with the WASH technical experts to provide technical advice and guidance on individual capacity strengthening and institutional strengthening initiatives. As part of this work, the Advisor would be expected to design capacity strengthening initiatives, develop and review learning plans, provide guidance and templates, suggest creative learning methods, support the production of materials, maintain oversight of the delivery.
- The ideal candidate should have experience of adult learning, strategic workforce planning and developing capacity strengthening initiatives.
- They should have excellent communication skills with ability to tailor communication (content, style and medium) to diverse audiences and communicate effectively at all organisational levels.
- The candidate should have a range of experience within capacity strengthening, communication and ability to provide assistance that empowers and strengthens capacities. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver IPD’s strategic approach to WASH capacity strengthening.
- Provide technical expertise on capacity strengthening
- Consult and collaborate with other WaterAid teams and external stakeholders on capacity strengthening
- Contribute to team processes.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- At least 10 years of field and professional experience in working and supporting capacity strengthening strategy and initiatives.
- Proficiency in all areas of capacity development cycle including capacity needs assessment, adult learning techniques and approaches, training content development, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrable past experience in curriculum and training material development.
- Experience in training of staff across various levels and experience of coaching and mentoring senior staff.
- Experience of project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Ability to prioritise content that supports learning objectives.
- Organised and efficient. Demonstrated ability to drive tasks forward to completion in a timely manner while maintaining high quality. Escalate issues where appropriate.
- Strong IT literacy skills, including using web-based solutions and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of designing with eLearning development tools (for example Captivate, Articulate and Toolbook).
- Strong matrix management, influencing and negotiation skills: proven ability to work effectively in a team with a range of people, organisations and cultures and at all levels
- Experience in effective budget management
- A team player, able to work responsibly, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups and culture.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% if necessary and when situation allows.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
- For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. We support and enjoy a hybrid working environment, this includes regular attendance in the London office to connect with each other. We look forward to discussing with you how you can best deliver in your new role.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.