Moni is building simple solutions in a world where financial inclusion is a complex dream has changed not only the lives of mobile money agents but ours also. We can no longer imagine a world where mobile money agents do not have access to float based on social reputation and trust. Our community model is altering the current lending infrastructure and as trendsetters, we aren’t stopping. Working at Moni is like walking a runway – fast paced, thrilling, showcasing a masterpiece and filled with applause. We have a thing for creative, smart, fun and contrarian rebels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
What You’ll Do
- Work with our tech team to improve existing features and work on new features on the Moni app.
- Collaborate with mobile engineers and product manager.
- Build, test and maintain APIs (NodeJs) to be consumed by mobile engineers.
- Integrate and consume third party APIs to solve business needs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any major.
- 4+ years experience as a backend engineer
- Experience working in a fast paced, remote environment
- Experience building and maintaining APIs
- Experience with GraphQL, WebSockets, Redis and MySQL
- Understanding of git and version control
- Experience working in a Fintech is a plus
- Experience writing and publishing technical content and documentation is a big plus.
- If you’re bilingual in English and French, that’s a big++
What it Takes to Succeed in the Role
- You’re a critical thinker and possess great problem-solving skills
- You’re a great team player
- You demonstrate good organizational and time-management skills
- You enjoy writing and talking about technology
- You enjoy picking up and learning new technology
- You’re passionate about doing meaningful work that has an impact on underserved Communities.
$900 – $1200 Per Month
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage (Nigeria/Benin Republic only)
- M1 MacBook Pro
- Stock option
- The opportunity to work at a fast-growing, fast-paced startup
- A team that’s invested in your growth
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role is open to Engineers resident in West or East Africa
- At Moni, we believe in the collective prosperity of both our staff and our agents. We hire the most versatile, curious and talented people we can find and give them all they need to thrive!