WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Advisor – Health
Employment type: 6 months, fixed term position
- Do you want to use your skills in WASH and Health to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
- Join WaterAid as Senior Advisor, Health to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- This role is part of our Programme Support Unit team, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical experts, specialists, advisors, and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH access to the world’s poorest and most marginalised people.
- The Senior Advisor, Health provides thought leadership, strategic advice and support on WASH and health programming. You will work collaboratively with other specialists across the wider WaterAid federation to embed knowledge and approaches on WASH and health across all of our work.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide and coordinate targeted technical support to countries and regions on WASH and health programming
- Support specific WASH and health initiatives
- Facilitate organisational learning in WASH and health
- Contribute to team processes, fund development, external engagement.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Extensive commitment, experience and demonstrable knowledge and skills in the area of the integration of WASH and health, WASH and health systems thinking, public health, environmental health, sustainable WASH in developing countries, demonstrated through a progressive career record with at least the most recent significant experience being in a similar level role.
- Very strong analytical ability and writing ability in English. Experienced in producing practical knowledge products targeting needs of diverse audiences.
- Proven success in offering technical assistance, consulting, and/or advisory services to empower and to develop capacities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive tasks forward to completion in a timely manner while maintaining high quality.
- A team player, able to work responsibly, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups and culture.
- Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
- This role is Grade G in County Programmes and a Grade 2 in the UK.
- Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale and depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit the following 3 items into one document in either Word Document or PDF format:
- Item 1: Your Cover Letter
- Item 2: Your CV
- Item 3: Short answers to the following three questions on a separate page, in no more than 500 words in total:
- Q1. What are your top 3 skills/experience that you feel meets the requirements of the role?
- Q2. What is your approach to technical advisory and support?
- Q3. What is your experience in WASH and health programming?
- Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
- Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
- For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility.
- We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
- All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.