Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security Officer (Cement Industry)
Ref ID: Okpella Security – 008
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To enforce the access control system applied for controlling the entry and exit of Employees/Staff, Co-partners, (Sub)Contractors and Visitors/Guests
- To patrol the strategic points and installations
- To prevent unauthorized entry into security areas
- To report suspicious incidents, threats, or persons
- To confront any illegal action against the premises
- To report any breaches in security system
- To submit regular written and verbal reports
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property.
- Monitoring surveillance equipment.
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, access points and permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance.
- Interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
- evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Contributes to teamwork effort by accomplishing related results as needed by the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, as per core values (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Professional behavior, Professional competence, and due care).
- Perform any related duties assigned by head of department.
- Certificate of Secondary Education and above, with Security training i.e., military, police, prison, militia, or any private security training.
- OND or equivalent qualifications+ 20 years’ experience in industrial security at supervisory level or 10 years’ experience at officers’ level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong people management skills
- Problems solving skills
- Technical skills
- Teamwork skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online