APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the Terminal Manager and the Country Risk Manager in implementing and executing APMM Global Security Framework (including COMMIT rule) and the Port Facility Security Plan, incl. risk mitigation and improvement plans for Duty of Care support and compliance to APMT staff.
- Supporting the Terminal Manager and Country Risk Manager with the development, implementation, and maintenance of a robust security risk management programme(s).
- Ensuring compliance with APMM Global Security Framework, ISPS Code, APMT Ways of Working further implementing and upholding all relevant standards and ensuring local regulatory compliance with guidance from and accountability to the Country Risk Manager.
- Oversee and monitor local security context to pro-actively identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and ensure commensurate treatment options are in place; providing timely and accurate reporting, coordinating terminal security incident response mechanisms and risk mitigation procedures.
- Act as the Terminal Port Facility Security Officer per ISPS legislation and perform PFSO responsibilities and maintain Terminal ISPS accreditation per legislation.
- Provide support in the development, maintenance, and delivery of an effective Business Continuity & Resilience Framework ensuring all Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans and associated procedures are updated and tested on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with relevant security legislation as directed; and oversight of the terminal’s local security risk management contractors, to ensure effective service delivery supporting business objectives.
- Delivery of APMT travel risk management standards and procedures, ensuring staff movement occurs safely; communicating all travel risk prevention/mitigation provisions the business has in place to ensure the physical and mental health and well-being of colleagues when traveling for the business and that all JMP’s are facilitated.
- Perform detailed investigations of security incidents and concerns delivering comprehensive case files for internal and/ or external disciplinary and/ or legal action and further supporting the Terminal Manager, and the Country Risk Manager in the investigation of severe security incidents impacting APM Terminals employee’s, assets, operations, or reputation.
- Ensure commensurate confidentiality and impartiality are maintained, evaluate existing prevention/mitigation measures, and advise on appropriate, sustainable solutions, where feasible.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of national and local security standards and legislation, company security policies and procedures and keep up to date with community security issues.
- Ensure that security policy, plans and procedures are implemented, updated, revised, and where necessary tested on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain a terminal wide culture of security risk management community in agreement with Terminal Leadership through the active communication of local context security risk briefings, onboarding of new staff and security risk advisories to all employees and visitors ensuring proactive implementation of sustainable, commensurate prevention/mitigation measures.
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Conduct security related training of staff and maintain associated records.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor all personnel through formal channels.
- Establish measuring tools and analyse security related processes and personnel regularly to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively maintain and improve own Security Management competencies in consultation with Terminal leadership and the Country Risk Manager. Mentor and coach terminal security teams to ensure best practices, team cohesion, competency and continuous improvement to services provided supporting the business objectives.
- Provides security risk management expertise and knowledge to facilitate business objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong security networks with other security managers and law enforcement entities, to leverage support and engage in information and intelligence sharing to support a stronger security environment.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years + experience in a Security Manager Level role within the sector with a positive record in the delivery of sector business objectives.
- Prior relevant experience having served with public law enforcement and/ or intelligence service an advantage.
- Must have relevant professional Security Management/Risk Management accredited qualification/ certification e.g. CSMP, CPP or similar.
- Must have ISPS – PFSO qualification.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of security procedures in-particular journey management and the implementation and management of Physical Protection Systems.
- Strong understanding of the political and security interfaces across the region and sector areas of operations.
- A strong background and knowledge in investigative techniques, processes and report writing required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to translate into effective oral and written briefs/ presentations at all levels.
- Requires the highest level of integrity, tact, and discretion, with the ability to lead in high stress situations remaining calm with the ability to effectively prioritize, solve problems and execute tasks whilst being able to direct others in times of emergency.
- Possess the ability to forge strong and effective relationships and resolve differences across organizational, public, and private boundaries.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude and drive with the ability to contribute to a team-based, multi-cultural work environment.
- A demonstrated continued professional development within Security / Risk Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Valid driving licence.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online