Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Guard
Reference No: Security-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ensure security of plant’s facilities, assets, installations in assigned work area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Man assigned area and keep watch over facilities, assets, personnel, etc.
- Conduct activities in adherence with approved security policies and procedures.
- Handle all security incidents, requests/ emergencies at assigned locations and escalate to Head, Plant Security where necessary.
- Provide first level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Document activities and maintain accurate, up-to-date records of security incidents.
- Monitor security-related issues in assigned areas and promptly escalate to Security Supervisor for resolutions.
- Monitor entry and exit of persons and check to ensure available authorizations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Head, Plant Security.
Education and Work Experience:
- Senior Secondary Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- 10 years experience in industrial security / Government Intelligence Agencies / Armed Forces.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable security systems.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail.
- Operate building alarm and fire-fighting equipment.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures for the protection of self, visitors and employees.
- Observe and clearly describe danger/security situations.
- Courteously and effectively deal with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Interpret, explain and enforce institutional rules and regulations.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online