Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Customer Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job number: 1258250
Travel: 25-50 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
- Security Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption for Security, Compliance and Identity.
- CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment.
- The Customer Engineer provides pro-active support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the CSAM / account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
- Security CEs support customers in adopting an End-to-End Security strategy (e.g. Build Zero Trust Foundations, Modernize Security & Defend Against Threats, Secure Azure, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud, Protect and Govern Sensitive Data, Manage and Investigate Risks).
Customer Impact – 40%:
- Participates in proactive delivery, spots performance issues, analyzes problems, develops solutions to meet customer needs (including skilling needs), represents them.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning, in partnership with the account team, to strengthen targeted customer relationships and support accurate customer contactability for surveys.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making and service delivery planning.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers and recommends service delivery to meet those needs.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Business Impact – 40%:
- Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
- Prioritizes Managed IP/Community IP re-use where appropriate to accelerate customer outcomes
- Contributes to IP creation and updates by identifying gaps through delivery
- Participates in relevant communities to share expertise and learn from others
Individual Impact – 20%
- Consistently applies “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Understands the portfolio of Support offerings and contribute & participate in customer and internal meetings to articulate value.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrates Self Learner mindset through alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and continuous upskilling to align to Customer Success goals
- Ensures delivery meets / exceeds all operational excellence guidelines and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Years Experience: 3 years in Security or 5 in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting
- Customer Focus
- Design Thinking
- Stakeholder Orchestration
- Solution Demonstration
- Problem Solving
- Trusted Technology Advisor
- Learning & Training
- Communicate Effectively
- Product & Technology Expertise
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online