Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Section Head, Maintenance – Power Plant
Department: Power Plant
- Plan, schedule and supervise the predictive, preventative, corrective and overhaul maintenance of all power plant electric generating, steam producing, material handling, rolling stock and associated plant equipment to assure the plant is operated in a reliable, safe environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
- Head, Power Plant
Direct Reports / Subordinates:
- Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical
- Maintenance Engineer, Electrical
- Maintenance Engineer, Instrumentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and manage preventive and predictive maintenance in accordance with equipment and systems requirements and as indicated by equipment and system performance, maintenance records, safety requirements and best practices.
- Constantly review and improve maintenance processes and ensure that maintenance personnel are properly trained and adhere to established procedures and standards in accordance with prudent industry practice.
- Manage and ensure uniform application and technical correctness of a comprehensive maintenance program, including forecasting manpower workload and equipment needs for short term and long term needs.
- Continually evaluate, schedule and budget the maintenance program and recommends changes to optimise maintenance cost effectiveness, work quality, outage time and availability.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Power Plant from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of nine (9) years relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding of power plant operations, with strong understanding of the maintenance function.
- Good understanding of steam turbine technology, mechanics, hydraulics, electricity and electronics.
- Working knowledge of operations and engineering functions and their interrelation to maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of plant engineering and plant maintenance functions and how they relate to operations and income.
- Very good oral and written communication skill.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online