Schlumberger Limited Recruitment for Assistant Tax Manager: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for Schlumberger Limited Recruitment for Assistant Tax Manager. Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Tax Manager
- The Assistant Tax Manager is responsible for assisting the Tax Manager in specific areas of tax reporting, tax compliance and implementation of tax plans for the West African region including Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mauritania, Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon.
- Assist Tax Manager on planning projects in the geography
- Support in tax compliance reviews – CIT, WHT, VAT, PIT, etc
- Lead in legal entity rationalization project in the geography
- Participate in external audits and internal reporting
- Participate in the preparation of the migration to SAP
- Develop procedures to improve compliance and reporting processes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a tax practitioner
- Professional certification (ICAN, ACCA, CPA, etc) is mandatory
- Previous experience in multinational audit firms preferred
- Working knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
Competencies & Behaviour:
- Excellent problem-solving skills including project estimation & complexity with ability to proffer innovative solutions
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to challenge assumptions, iterate to improve practice norms and drive change
- Operates with resolute ethical principles and integrity
- Creates an environment of possibility, in tandem with a culture of quality, safety and excellence.
Application Closing Date