Apply for Sahara Group Limited Technical Regenerator Program (STERP) 2021. Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2021 Sahara Technical Regenerator Program (STERP) for Nigeria Youth
Locations: Edo, Lagos and Rivers
Training Duration: 2 Weeks
About the Program
- Sahara Foundation has opened a call for application for suitably qualified secondary school leavers and OND holders in Edo, Lagos, and Rivers state to the Sahara Technical Regenerator Program (STERP).
- This is a strategic partnership between Sahara Foundation, the Energy Training Center (ETC), and the Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria (REAN).
The program aims to build the expertise of the beneficiaries in two key technical areas:
- Meter Installation – participants will develop competencies in the installation of single and three-phase meters in residential and small commercial premises.
- Solar PV Installation – participants will be trained as installers and maintenance technicians for Solar PV installations for residences or small commercial locations.
- Both programs will support the Federal Government’s agenda on youth empowerment and poverty alleviation, Nigeria’s electricity vision 30/30/30 and Meters for All initiatives. While the Meter Installation Technician program will add to the resources necessary to effectively carry out the Federal Government’s mandate to Power Distribution Companies (DisCos) to provide meters for all their consumers, the Solar PV Installation Technician program will train individuals who will be qualified to provide professional services in the installation and maintenance of residential and small commercial solar system installations. Over 80% of the training and slots will focus on meter installation while the balance slots are available for the solar PV installation (for Lagos residents only).
- These training sessions will be conducted by the Energy Training Centre (ETC) a learning academy and innovative provider of training for the energy industry in Africa. The training will be led by a team of professionals and experts deeply familiar with the energy industry.
- Through this program, Sahara Foundation aims to develop a new cadre of technicians and employers of labour who will ultimately ensure a reduction in the unemployment gap in Nigeria while promoting access to clean and reliable energy.
- Minimum of 3 O’level credits in Physics, Mathematics, and English or
- OND holders
- Related technical trade experience.
- The age limit is 40.
- Training duration is Two (2) weeks.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply For Sahara Group Limited Technical Regenerator Program (STERP) 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here to download application form (Pdf) or pick Applications Form from any of Sahara office locations in:
- Lagos – 7A Oluwa Road, Ikoyi
- Onne – Asharami Synergy Plc, Onne Depot, Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT), Onne Port Complex, Rivers State
- Benin – Richard Egharevba street off Dan Abbe road, limit road, Benin.
- Physical applications should be enveloped and addressed to the “Manager, Sahara Foundation”.
- Applications must be accompanied with proof of above-stated results, recent passport photograph, Birth Certificate, and any of the following: Voters’ card or National Identity Card
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on or before July 2, 2021.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply.