Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety Trainer
Requisition ID: IbesePlantHSE003
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- Develop training for employees in the facility; delivers training as requested by management and according to the employee lifecycle.
- Maintains continual communication with the Head of Department regarding inefficiencies in safe work procedures.
- Provides and/or manage monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the service and service area and in a timely manner.
- Conducts and directs activities to identify potential hazards and develops safety action plans to correct any non-compliance issues and work with operations and management for implementation.
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant H&S legal requirements.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- B.Sc in Engineering or its equivalent in any Science discipline.
- Possession of a professional certificate in HSE; NEBOSH IGC and ISPON HSE Level 3 is a MUST.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Experiences:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and other manufacturing Sector Skills
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online