Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Job Code: Los – HSSE070322
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – HSSE
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the organisation.
- Oversee development of a site induction package outlining the major hazards and the safety requirements to avoid or control those hazards
- Advise management on deficiencies in the safety performance.
- Develop H&S training and development plan.
- Oversee the quality of induction safety programs being conducted for both the plant and contractor employees
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external systems audits to evaluate H&S performance
- Ensure specific surveys and reporting are conducted in an approved format.
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S
- Ensure compliance to all relevant H&S legal requirements
- Relevant Degree from a recognised higher institution.
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization (Minimum NEBOSH level 3 or IGC).
- 4 – 6 years job related experience.
- Excellent knowledge/experience on hazard identification and risk assessment and control.
- Excellent knowledge on fire safety management.
- Understanding of current concepts in H&S and/or related integrated management systems.
- Understanding of Nigeria’s H&S laws.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of safety audit and inspection.
- Incident investigation with root cause analysis.
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics.
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry.
- Initiative & drive.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Communication skills.
- English and national / regional language (verbal and written)
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online