Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. Thus, the National Project Coordinating Office of the LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitable qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Title: Rural Infrastructure Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Rural Infrastructure Support Officer will support the Rural Infrastructure Coordinator in providing technical guidance and backstopping of the State Rural Infrastructure officers, the local government engineers and relate with relevant stakeholders involved in the implementation of market infrastructure development.
- Assist the RIC in ensuring that the preparatory activities and implementation of the infrastructure interventions are in accordance with project’s dictates, progressing according to work schedule
- Contribute to the development of detailed action plan to implement the various market infrastructure activities proposed
- Participate in the preparation and vetting of engineering designs and estimates for market infrastructures
- Assist the RIC in providing assistance and practical advice to participating states and LGAs in the design of works and procurement of contractors and supervision and monitoring of works
- Participate in developing eligibility criteria for the selection of cost efficient technically achievable and sustainable market infrastructure at the state level
- Participate in the preparation of consolidated quarterly reports
- Support the development of an appropriate market infrastructure implementation manual
- Support the Development of operation and maintenance structure system for market infrastructure with relevant partners
- Any other duties activities as directed by the RIC that will impact positively on the overall project delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of five years field experience working with rural communities in planning, budgeting, constructing, maintaining and monitoring rural market infrastructure
- Ability to communicate with and present dear and concise instruction and guidelines to Village representatives with basic education level
- Good knowledge of AUTO CAD drafting
- Experience with IFAD or international donor projects.
- Conversant with the Niger Della region working environment
- A COREN registration is an added advantage.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in the NPCO located in Port Harcourt.
- The officer will report directly to the Rural Infrastructure Coordinator.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position will be on for a period of two (2) years subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.