Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our Client is an art trading technology company aimed at democratising the art economy by using a strategic blend of digital technology and online engagement to build and all-inclusive creative economy. They are on a mission to introduce art as a currency and make it more accessible to invest, trade and collect African Art. They have just concluded their second funding round and are at an exciting junction of getting ready to launch their Company to the world.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our Client is looking to hire a qualified Risk and Compliance manager to drive, develop and enforce implementation of all risk management policies i.e. reputation risk, strategic risk, legal and compliance risk, market risk and operational risk.
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Leading the risk management function across all risk types.
- Ensure that a full set of frameworks and policies is in place that complies with regulation and ensure the upkeep thereof including Enterprise Risk Framework, Risk Appetite Policy, Compliance Policies, Operational Risk Policies etc.
- Setting the tone for risk aware management and behaviour across the company, adaptive to current and forward-looking market conditions
- Ensure that process and systems are in place for the identification and reporting of risk across all risk types
- Identifying where risk exceeds risk appetite, or has a heightened likelihood of exceeding risk appetite, and bring management and board attention to this in a timeous manner
- To implement compliance risk management plans and advice managers on the practical application of relevant regulatory requirements.
- To monitor control mechanisms implemented as part of the risk management and compliance process and assess the operational effectiveness.
- To coordinate and provide training programs related to specific risk management and compliance areas as required and guide users where necessary.
- To conduct and document compliance risk assessments for each function in the business unit to ascertain compliance with risk management policy, standard operating procedures and set guidelines.
- To manage business risks to ensure opportunities are proactively leveraged and advice the Management accordingly.
- To coordinate with Business Unit Leads on updating the risk register and tracking closure of action plans.
- To develop an operational risk database and update compliance reports periodically to maintain as per the governance framework.
Required Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Accounting / Auditing, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Relevant professional certification is required
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in Risk Management in an SMMEs, Banking, Insurance or similar
Functional Skills and Competencies:
- A good understanding and knowledge of the FinTech and/or Investments
- Strong Analytical and Organisational Skills
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- People Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- High Level of Integrity
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.