Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Richfil Plant Operator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for optimal running of Richfil plant, ensuring target plant KPI’s are attained and sustained whilst ensuring minimal deviation in weight per SKU, right packaging is used, and correct coding on packed products.
Production & Packaging:
- Ensure milled products meet the desired specification.
- Ensure raw materials are weighed and processed according to the Recipe.
- Ensure the agreed mixing time of 20mins is observed.
- Monitoring of rotary sifter and cleaning of perforated screen when required.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operations maintenance of Plant equipment.
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Maintain Quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure the right packaging materials are used with correct coding.
- Ensure regular cleaning of Magnet and sifter screen.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report Unsafe conditions, Near Miss and Unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety Observation Cards and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSP’s in your team on the Job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND (or its equivalent) in Sciences or Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent team spirit
- Quality and safety consciousness
- Flexibility and versatility.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online