Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a leading Healthcare Facility in Nigeria with strong expertise in eye-care, dental care, cancer management and preventive healthcare, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retina Surgeon
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Health Care
- Diagnose retinal and vitreous diseases through a detailed eye examination using highly technical equipment and testing.
- Work on very delicate tissue in incredibly small spaces of the eye cavity.
- Treat conditions ranging from age-related macular degeneration to retinal detachment and cancers of the eye.
- Treat patients who have experienced severe eye trauma and consult on cases where there are hereditary diseases of the eye.
- Performing corrective surgeries, such as repairing injuries and corneas, and removing cataracts.
- Performing advanced surgical procedures, such as keyhole or laser surgery.
- Treating medical disorders that affect the vision
- Perform, order, or interpret the results of diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Provide or direct the provision of postoperative care and monitor patients following surgeries or other treatments.
- Candidate must be well versed in basic and advanced examination techniques of the eye, including slit lamp, gonioscopy, fundus examination (with +90D/+78D/+20D/+28D lenses), indirect ophthalmoscopy, applanation tonometry, non contact tonometry.
- An expert in Special investigative procedures pertaining to retinal diseases like FFA, OCT, ICG, Auto fluorescence, Ultrasound B scan and fundus photography.
- Pars plana vitrectomies (20G/23G/25G), for Rhegmatogenous RD, GRT and dialysis), Tractional RD, retained IOFB removal, dropped nucleus and IOL, silicone oil injection and removal.
- Sclera buckle Surgeries for RRD.
- Macula Hole Surgeries viz PPV and ILM peeling.
- Intravitreal Injections (Anti VEGF, Steroids, Antibiotics, VEGF Trap).
- Screening and treatment of ROP (including Anti VEGF injections and ROP lasers).
- Well experienced with all retinal lasers including endolasers, PRP, barrage laser, sectoral and focal lasers.
- Proficiency in Phaco emulsification cataract surgeries will be an added advantage.
Very Competitive (N1,200,000 – N1,500,000 / Month).
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of e-mail.