Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Duration: 27th September – 30th November 2021 – short term contract
Duty Station: MSF OCA, NOMA Project (Based in Sokoto town)
Main Objective and Responsibilities
Conduct research activities in Sokoto and Kebbi States:
The following tasks will need to be completed by research assistants on a day to day basis during the data collection period:
- Step 1: Informed consent requested, explained and signed from respondent
- Step 2: Survey questions asked to respondents and recorded in the survey
- Step 3: Once at the hospital at the end of a data collection day, turn the tablets on and ensure the data collected for that day is automatically transferred to the database and then automatically deleted from the tablets.
- Ordinary National Diploma, Higher National Diploma in Public Health, Statistics, IT, Research, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Nursing
- Fluent in English and Hausa, both spoken and written
- Computer literacy, interviewing techniques, data collection
- Work with noma patients
- Operational research
- Data entry on tablets
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, multitasking skills.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of Research Assistant – Noma Project) to the address below:
No 26 Agaie Road,
Behind State CID,
Garba Duba Road,
PMB 2346 Opposite Runjin Sambo Jumaat Mosque,
Send by email to: email@example.com