Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017, we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposals (RFP) – Engagement of External Auditors for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Street Child believes that every child deserves the chance to go to school and learn. Our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihood support to address the social, economic and structural issues that underpin today’s education crisis. We partner with local organisations and communities to deliver our locally rooted programmes, using evidence to drive learning and the refinement and scale up of programmes to create maximum impact for the most children at the lowest cost. We pride ourselves on being willing to go to the world’s toughest places where others won’t, including remote, hard-to-reach areas and fragile, disaster-affected states across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Since 2008 we have helped over 250,000 children to go to school and learn, and supported over 25,000 families to set up businesses so they can afford the cost of educating their children.
Street Child Nigeria:Street Child started in Nigeria in early 2017 and implemented major humanitarian programmes in the North East to respond to the protection and education needs of children affected by the crisis. We have been supporting over 40,000 children to access quality and safe education, formal and non-formal, by providing spaces and building the capacity of teachers and communities. We work with families and the government to overcome the barriers that undermine the development and wellbeing of children, ensuring parents and caregivers have financial resources and livelihoods to sustain their education, health and other needs, and providing child protection services. Street Child in Nigeria has ambitions to expand beyond the North East and is a reliable partner for UNICEF, UNOCHA, GIZ and other institutional donors and a member of the national Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Early recovery and Livelihood sectors.
Scope of Service
- The external auditing services will be carried out from Street Child’s office in Maiduguri, currently at Ahmadu Gomini Street, Off Gombole Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. In addition, auditors may be expected to travel to field offices within and outside of NE Nigeria.
- Auditing procedures must be performed in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA). The scope of work must be wide, covering a range of issues e.g. legal/ statutory obligations to Borno State and the Federal Government of Nigeria, procurement and logistics, assets and liabilities, salaries and allowances, programme and financial oversight, accounting practices and internal control.
Deadlines and expected main tasks to be carried out by the external auditing team are:
- Annual audit on Financial Statements for 2021/2022 Financial year ending 31 March 2022 and internal controls with submission of a signed audit opinion and all required supporting documentation before 15th June 2022.
- All documentation including any additional annexes required will be submitted in English and in pdf format to the Country Director and West Africa Finance Manager of Street Child.
- Management Letter setting out key findings from the audit and recommendations to improvement in internal controls.
- Signed copy of the audit report and any supporting information and schedule required to the HQ auditors, MooreKingstonSmith in the UK.
- Proof of valid registration as an auditing from with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN.
- Membership or affiliation to a Global network of accountancy firms,
- Proof of membership with ICAN for the responsible partner and the on-site audit team manager.
- A CV for the proposed audit team should be submitted along with the expression of interest
- Availability of an audit team led by a senior with a minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Recent Corporate Profile.
- Documented references, preferable with Non-Governmental Organisations detailing name of client, address, contract person and year.
- Able to offer non-audit services such as taxation, payroll or other professional services advice.
- Recent Tax Clearance Certificates – Last three Years.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified firms across Nigeria and beyond should please send their Expression of Interest (EOI) as well as the mandatory documents stated above to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject in the email as “RFP: External Auditors for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office”.