United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Officer (Commercial)
Locations: Abuja, Oyo, Ogun, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire talented and experienced individuals.
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships towards the growth revenue for the bank
- Approach customers with the aim of winning new business
- Meet with existing customers to strengthen business relationships with a view to increase financial growth of the bank
- Aggressively market the bank’s products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue
- Follow up customers with dormant accounts, convince to resume dealings with the bank
- Implement marketing strategies / programs laid out by the bank to boost profit
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- Achieve set deposit targets / Contributions by acquiring business / investment deals from Private, Public, Individuals and Corporates
- Prepare documentation on the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Sell / Cross-sell and Upsell the banks products
- Market the brand
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Previous Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum experience of 2-3 years in sales and marketing
- 2 – 7 years Relationship Management experience in a commercial bank.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or services would best serve those needs
- Excellent Communication skills oral and written
- Must be Strong, Tenacious and Persuasive
- Strong Selling / Marketing skills
- Must be self-driven, and have a passion for Marketing
- Good Relationship management skills
- Confident and possess excellent Networking skills
- Good Knowledge of the products and services of the bank
- Basic knowledge of Finance, Accounting and Economics
- Business development and acquisition
- Banking Operations, Policies, and Procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Selling / Marketing
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The ideal candidates must reside in either Abuja, Oyo, Ogun, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Rivers State and must currently work as Relationship Managers.