United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial service institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to become a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
Here in UBA, we celebrate our diversity and ensure an inclusive culture that spans across 23 countries in Africa and other continents: Europe and North America within a high governance ecosystem. With three (3) official languages (English, French and Portuguese) and over 20,000 employees in charge of our operations, we attract and hire a wide range of talents from diverse backgrounds.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Location: Across all branches in Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Successful candidates will be a part of the core team set to:
- Deliver value to our customers.
- Expand our current business/client portfolio.
- Enhance our position in our chosen target markets and
- Generate new sales revenues.
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships towards the growth revenue of the bank.
- Approach customers with the aim of winning new business.
- Meet with existing customers to strengthen business relationships with a view to increase financial growth of the bank.
- Aggressively market the bank’s products to ensure favourable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Follow up customers with dormant accounts, convince to resume dealings with the bank.
- Implement marketing strategies / programs laid out by the bank to boost profit.
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
- Achieve set deposit targets/contributions by acquiring business/investment deals from private, public, individuals and corporates.
- Prepare documentation on the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability.
- Sell / cross-sell and upsell the banks products.
- Market the brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the business manager.
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- 5 – 7 years Relationship Management experience in a commercial bank.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, finance and economics.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s products and services.
- Business development and acquisition.
- Marketing, selling and cross selling.
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or services would best serve those needs.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Must be strong, tenacious and persuasive.
- Strong selling / marketing skills.
- Must be self-driven, and have a passion for marketing.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Confident and possess excellent networking skills.
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online