Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Job Req ID: 21328927
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Sales
Job Family Group: Institutional Sales
Job Family: Investor Sales
- The principal purpose of the position is to facilitate a focused and orderly interface between GSG’s customers, all the product and service groups in order to maximize revenues from customer relationships.
The major objectives of the position are:
- Managing Citibank relationships in the GSG team
- Responsible for business development in assigned markets/industries/geographical locations within Nigeria.
- Ensure that the unit revenue goals are met
- The impact this position has on the bank is to contribute to ensuring that the franchise remains the leading bank for key sectors of the economy under Citi’s target market.
- Develop and implement continuous (independent and joint) calling programs and interactions/discussions with assigned accounts and on prospective clients to create a continuous flow of incremental business opportunities.
- To deliver client revenue growth in line with assigned goals.
- Communicate frequently with and leverage the regional and global GSG Relationship Management network of senior managers and RM’s and other global and regional partners both to win and retain business and also to effectively fulfil regional and global Relationship Management initiatives and directives.
- Credit process initiation, including proposal preparation, loan administration and remedial action as required, working in partnership with the Parent Account Relationship Management Team, Regional Account Management Teams, Control Units and relevant Citi network partners.
- Prepare quarterly credit call memo for all assigned relationships.
- Negotiation of loan/credit terms and conditions, pricing determination for various products, closing of transactions and follow up after sales.
- Understand the bank’s credit culture, adhere to credit policies and guidelines, and document and justify exceptions, where appropriate.
- Responsible jointly with Risk/analyst for initial, annual and interim credit review of all assigned relationships credit.
- Ensure the consistent, professional delivery of client management disciplines including: KYC/AML, account plans, call reporting, lead generation, CRM Usage – pipeline management, oversight for implementation rollout, and relationship reviews.
- Strategizing with Product and Client Deliver partners on information learned from clients in order to help drive product enhancement, innovation and client satisfaction
- Creating robust client account plans
- Ensuring effective communication across the regional and global RM team (e.g. call reports, CRM, emails)
- Managing sales process from idea generation to mandate
- Putting together working groups and driving the deal process
- Driving client communications including RFP responses and pitch books
- Lead and Work closely with Citi service in providing account management and customer service to key customers.
- Responsible for achieving revenue goals from assigned relationships in the most cost effective manner.
- Provide ongoing market insights to clients, from Citi’s rich repertoire.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio
- Frequently interact with Citi service and O&T in general and Parent Account Management teams of assigned relationship
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management and trade products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of assigned relationship.
- Frequently interact with Fixed Income, Corporate Finance, EAF and other product units to generate structured customer solutions and incremental risk assets.
- Frequently interact with relevant customers and TM prospects to generate incremental business for the bank.
- Keep abreast of regulatory / market changes and its impact on the business.
- A B.Sc / BA Degree.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
- Credit and financial analysis experience
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be pro-active, with attention to detail and timeliness in delivery of work output
- Information resourcefulness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability
Application Closing Date
How to Apply For Relationship Manager at Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online