United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Relationship Manager – Asian Desk, Corporate Banking
- We are looking for Relationship Managers who have strong marketing and negotiation skills to manage our Asian clients in Corporate, Commercial, SME as well as Personal Banking.
- The ideal candidates must have at least 3 years’ experience in corporate banking or client relationship and must be fluent in either Mandarin, Hindi, Japanese and English.
- Delivering Liability and Asset growth targets per portfolio.
- Grow the customer base to increase fees and commissions.
- Contribution to the business growth targets through increased customer transaction-activity and deepening of customer share of wallet.
- Direct responsibility for building your portfolio through disciplined calling, and strategic positioning of the bank to the customers in this segment through increased product set, appropriate pricing structures and deploying the right solutions in line with customer requirements.
- Profit maximization through new business opportunities from new and existing clients through various marketing and networking initiatives.
- Develop both professional and personal relationships to solidify relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Working closely with internal partners to be the best for the customer. The role is closely aligned to Operations, Risk and Compliance. There are many interactions with these groups and this role requires the individual to play a leading role in this overall management function.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prospecting for new corporate and high net worth clients and meeting set targets.
- Support other Relationship Managers handling Asian clients (Chinese, Indian, Japanese) in Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, SME Banking as well as Personal Banking.
- Develop and implement business growth strategies for different clients/sectors for the bank.
- Actively manage existing clients including increasing wallet share.
- Participate in presentations to clients and marketing drives and other relationship management activities.
- Provide an interface between the bank, existing and prospective customers to maintain good customer relations to meet customer needs within the strategic objective of the bank.
- Prepare and submit credit proposals in conformity with credit policy guidelines and requirements in liaison with the Corporate Relationship Managers and to maintain a high standard of credit analysis.
- Ensure full understanding of client’s financial needs and all bank products and services.
- Regularly visit clients, make presentations and meetings with visit reports.
- High level negotiation to get new and additional business.
- Prepare various reports including customized client proposals according to client need.
- Coordinate with various departments like credit, treasury etc. for delivery of seamless service to client.
- Actively review and monitor competitor product offerings and monitor industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing or other business-related field from a well-recognized institution.
- At least 3 years proven working experience in a corporate banking environment with exposure to credit analysis or client relationship environment with exposure to managing corporate clients.
- Fluency in either Mandarin, Hindi, Japanese and English.
- Other Professional courses will be an added advantage.
Key Knowledge Required:
- Good working knowledge of credit analysis.
- A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- Good knowledge of cash management solutions and trade finance practices and procedures.
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to business banking customers (features & benefits) and pricing structures.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.).
Skills & Competencies Required:
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work independently, consult and clarify where necessary and make informed and firm decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships.
- Must be pro-active, a self-starter and can anticipate and advice on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Ability to work through teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse, evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
- Seasoned banker with proven networks among Local Corporate, regional corporates as well as global corporates.
- Passionate, highly self – motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player who is change oriented and customer focused.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and manage relationships and influence various stakeholders to deliver business.
- Networking skills with high level understanding of the financial sector needs for the different sectors of the economy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online