The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria via the National Open University Act CAP N63. The mission of the University, as a dedicated single mode open and distance learning institution, is to make education available to as many people as are sufficiently prepared, able and willing to benefit from the various levels of education provided through the open and distance learning mode. The NOUN Headquarters is located at the University Village, Jabi, Abuja. At present, the University has a Centre for Human Resource Development (CHRD) in Kaduna and one hundred and seven (107) Study Centres spread across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
The post of the Registrar of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will become vacant on 4th September. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993, As Amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2003, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of suitable and qualified candidates for the position. Interested candidates are requested to note the following information:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-today administration of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the University Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the post of Registrar must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree from a recognised University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant postqualification experience in an institution of higher learning, preferably in an Open and Distance Learning institution.
- Possession of higher degree(s), professional qualifications and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
The candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who can lead by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans, should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment;
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
- Possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff, students and other members of the University Community;
- Be computer literate.
- Have a good working knowledge of current contemporary administrative principles, processes and practices;
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar, who has spent at least four (4) years on the post.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 type-written copies of their Applications and attached with full Curriculum Vitae prepared in the following order:
- Full names with surname first
- Post sought
- Marital status
- Number & Ages of Children
- Date and Place of birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Current contact address, phone numbers & emails
- Permanent home address
- Educational background with dates
- Academic & professional qualifications with dates
- Previous employment, post held with dates
- Present employment, status & salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- List of publications with dates
- Names and addresses of 3 referees
- A two page write up on applicant’s vision & mission for the University.
Applications in sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” should be forwarded to:
National Open University of Nigeria,
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, University Village,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi,
- Candidates are to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address before the closing date.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.