The Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
- The Registrar shall among other duties function as the Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and other Statutory Committees.
- He/she is the custodian of records and issuance of Certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the Polytechnic.
- He/she shall also perform such other duties as the Council and the Rector may, from time to time, direct.
Qualification and Experience
- The right candidate must hold a good honours Degree or a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning, plus at least Ten (10) years post-qualification cognate experience in a tertiary Institution.
The Candidate must:
- Have served as a Deputy Registrar in a Tertiary Institution.
- Must be a Member of relevant professional body/bodies e.g. NIM, CIPMN, etc.
- Must not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Be a person of proven integrity
- Be intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- Be versed in Public service Rules, Financial regulations and be computer literate.
- Be loyal to the Chief Executive and the Council and assist in the running of the affairs of the Polytechnic.
Tenure of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- No and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Current contact Address with telephone Number(s)/Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Confidential Reports of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials are to be submitted, in a sealed envelope with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope, by hand or post to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
P.M.B. 110, Yenagoa,
- Reference Letters from 3 Referees under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.