Registrar at Adamawa State University: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for Registrar at Adamawa State University. Adamawa State University is located in Mubi, in the Northern Senatorial District of Adamawa State, Nigeria. It was established in 2002 by the Adamawa State University Law No. 10 of 2001. The title caption of the university is “Towards ensuring rapid development and transformation of the State”. Since it was established, the Institution has been striving to meet the stated goal of providing “Education for Development”. However, the University is concerned with its commitment to the immediate environment, mindful of our position as a tertiary institution of learning with universal responsibilities.
The Governing Council of Adamawa State University, Mubi, in accordance with the provisions of Adamawa State University Law No. 16 of 2020, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- By virtue of the office, the Registrar is the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation and sits in advisory role at all Committees of Council and Senate as well as other administrative Committees, to guide on rules, regulations and University procedures.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to give positive leadership in the administration of the University.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be a Deputy Registrar (DR) in the University,
- A Deputy Registrar must possess a minimum of First Degree from a recognized University. Possession of higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must have had at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification experience, ten (10) years must have been in University administration
- Applicants must be of sound physical and mental health.
- Applicants must be persons of high integrity and unquestionable character.
- Applicants must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- Eligible candidates should not be more than 55 years old at the time of assumption of office.
Condition of Service
Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Registrars in Nigerian Universities.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, with names and addresses of three (3) referees in sealed envelopes, marked at the top left corner “Application for the post of Registrar” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Adamawa State University,
P.M.B 25, Mubi,
- Referees should be requested to forward their referee’s report to the Registrar under confidential cover.
- Applications and referee reports should reach the above address not later than the application closing date.