The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Senior Exams Marketing Manager, East and Southern Cluster, SSA
Pay band: 7
Contract type: Indefinite
- Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences.
- We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way.
- We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact.
- This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role
- To lead the development and execution of the cluster/country marketing strategy and plans, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with SBUs to ensure that country marketing activities enable required business targets.
- This role will be accountable for the planning, management, execution and evaluation of plans for the cluster, overseen by the Regional Head of Marketing, Exams.
- The post-holder will lead the development and execution of Exams marketing strategy and plan in the cluster/country ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy.
- You will lead the planning & execution of products go-to market plans and annual plans for Exams in the cluster/country, agreeing the programmes, their delivery mechanisms, budgets and resources with regional marketing and Exams leads.
- Lead the development and execution of Exams campaign strategies to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice while making sure they achieve the regional marketing strategy objectives.
- You will also ensure that clear and consistent marketing processes are deployed across the cluster/country aligned to agreed global marketing processes.
- Applies advanced marketing expertise to develop and enhance marketing strategies, plans and approaches for the cluster/country.
- Applies core technical and professional knowledge to identify and assess current state of marketing, define opportunities for improvement and design and develop new or improved practice to drive business growth and reduce duplication of activities and expenditure.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the cluster operational context and the opportunities and challenges for marketing.
- Identifies and implements new marketing approaches and/or techniques which enhance efficiency and wider business impact, ensuring alignment across the cluster/country and to the regional marketing strategy.
- Makes sure that all plans are insights and evidence led and use the existing tools to evaluate their performance, impact and return on investment (ROI).
- Participates as part of the regional marketing team to support implementation and review new processes and operating model.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to internal customers to ensure local and Exams specific requirements are high quality, effective and compliant with marketing policy, process and governance.
- Ensures the development of high quality and effective marketing plans and solutions using and sharing marketing expertise.
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for the cluster/country with regards to marketing plans and programmes.
- Conducts quarterly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks.
- Proactively participates in the Marketing Community of Practice developing good working relationships with marketing colleagues across the organisation and the business.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside Marketing to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
- Plans and prioritises work activities to ensure effective delivery of marketing activities over a quarterly to annual time horizon.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant experience in a marketing position at a national level within a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of developing marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships
- Creates integrated marketing communications plans using both physical and digital tools
- Reviews, establishes and develops channel/partnership marketing strategies to meet customer needs and achieve business goals
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree or professional qualification in Marketing or Business.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Relevant professional accreditations e.g. CIM, Melcrum, GCN, CIPR, WOMMA etc.
- Experience in a global organisation
- Evidence of successful line management of a small team remotely
- Experience in Exams market.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.