Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Lake Chad Programme Manager- Nigeria
- Now in its eleventh year, the protracted crisis in the Lake Chad Basin Region remains one of the most severe humanitarian emergencies in the world, affecting the North-East of Nigeria, the Far North Region of Cameroon, the Lake Region of Chad and the Diffa Region in Niger.
- As the Regional Lake Chad Programme Manager, you will provide strategic leadership to ensure the successful implementation of the revised Lake Chad Programme Strategy (2018-2023) across Cameroon, Niger and Nigeria. You will support programme integration across these three countries by moving from a coordinated to an integrated regional programme approach.
- In this role you will represent Plan International in external fora at a national, regional and global level in order to position Plan and its Lake Chad Programme as a regional leader for promoting gender equality and protecting girls’ rights in the Lake Chad region.
- You will ensure that new intervention ideas are in line with overall programme and donor priorities whilst also providing programme presentations to COs, NOs and donors to enhance resource mobilization.
- We are looking to recruit an individual who has a general knowledge and understanding of INEE and CPIE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response.
- You will have demonstrable experience of organizational representation and engagement with humanitarian donors and you will also have the ability to demonstrate leadership whilst working with disaster affected communicates in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- To be successful in this role you will have well developed written and oral communication skills and effective negotiation and representation skills. You will be well-organized, even within a fluid working environment and you will have a capacity for initiative and decision making with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online