Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional HR Officer (Africa)
Employment Type: Contract
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 3 years
About the Role
- Based in a Christian Aid country office in Africa, this role works within the Global people team to ensure that Countries are enabled to deliver their strategies effectively through their people, and that staff excel and thrive while working at Christian Aid.
- It aims to deliver high quality service and support to managers and staff primarily within the Africa Region and occasionally, wider within the International Department.
- The role works to support corporate services objectives and build the credibility of HR management to empower staff and managers to fulfil their roles effectively.
- You are proactive and able to work under minimal supervision to deliver quality and excellence in related results outlined in the role profile. This is about you leading effectively, individually and collaboratively with others to deliver key outputs while exercising passion, autonomy and mutual accountability.
- You are methodical and detail oriented, great at problem solving and with ability to multitask, plan and prioritize work to enable you deliver work in a timely manner.
- To be successful in the role, the post-holder needs to understand the organisational HR policies, procedure and systems as well as be technically adept at HR management throughout the employee life cycle.
- You will need to establish personal and professional credibility by building excellent relationships with their key clients, managers and Country HR staff and be a credible partner in executing HR operations.
- You are confident, assertive but adaptable and able to demonstrate initiative and influence beyond your level of authority.
- Working across the division and internationally, you will need to be resilient and able to meet constant challenges and demands.
- To hit the ground running, you should be good with managing HRIS systems, producing reports from an analytical mindset and be able to manage recruitments processes from a customer service mindset.
- You must be committed to the ethics and code of conduct of the HR profession and be familiar with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in Nigeria.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct.
- Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect:
- What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important?
- What was your task? What outcomes were being sought?
- What actions did you take? How did you take them?
- What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful?
- Tell us about a time when you had adapt your style, approach, and delivery method to communicate effectively with a particular audience:
- What was the situation?
- What did you have to communicate and to whom?
- How did you adapt to meet the needs of this particular audience? What were the things you did differently?
- What was the impact? Did you communicate effectively with the audience? How did you know?
- Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required:
- What was your context?
- What was your task/responsibility?
- How did you make your plan? What actions did you take?
- What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online