CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Audit Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Specialization: Non-profit / Volunteering
- The Regional Audit Manager – West Africa, works with WA Regional management unit, the Country offices Senior Teams, mostly the CO internal auditors when applicable to meet his/her objectives. The Regional Audit Manager – WA will be seen to lead, innovate and be responsible for:
- Providing independent assurance and consulting services that improve operations at the West Africa Country offices
- Supporting the WARMU COs accomplish their objectives by evaluating, in a systematic and disciplined way, the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance.
- Ensuring compliance with donors, CARE CI and local government laws and regulations policies, procedures. Perform special investigations as requested.
- Making recommendations to the COs that will increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed.
- Liaising with CO Senior Management teams to identify and remediate organizational gaps identified during compliance, A-133, and financial audits and assessments as well as ensuring internal processes and policies relating to compliance are instituted, understood, and maintained.
- Ensuring Functional supervision of Country office audit teams The position reports to the Deputy Regional Director for program Support – WARMU. It collaborates closely with Regional Program Support Manager, Regional Management teams, CARE USA Internal Audit, Awards Management Solutions coordinator and SSC and importantly with the COs teams.
Financial and Legal Risk Management:
- In coordination with AMS and PS Manager provide Support to Country Offices in Risk Identification, Analysis and Evaluation, the Treatment/Response and Monitoring
- Prepare short and long-term audit plans and annual budgets for audit activities in the region. Undertake the comprehensive audit activity of the Sub regional and specific Country Offices based on areas of weaknesses in the region, and as needed.
- Implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide guidance and advice on how to prevent or address similar situations in the future
- Evaluate and contribute to the improvement of risk management, control and governance process in the following areas:
- Compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Accomplishment of operational objectives
- Reliability and integrity of information Prepare COs annual Risk profile and plan audits accordingly, based on the DRD/PS approval.
Regional Internal Audit:
- Develop an annual internal audit plan by reference to the risk management Assessment tools (ROAR, COMFORT, site visit reports, CO self-Assessments etc.)
- Ensure that Audit best practices are used across the region and that the audits address specific areas of risk management
- At the conclusion of each audit visit, provide a full briefing to the relevant Country Director or partner organization ensuring that their comments are recorded as part of the briefing;
- Prepare and present the audit report to the Directors, highlighting any areas of concern and the resultant action plan.
- Monitor the implementation of CO’s internal and external audits recommendations.
- Identify common features across audits and organization-wide issues, proposing appropriate systems improvements.
- Report to the DRD/PS ensuring that the COs are aware of the key findings and the actions being taken/recommended to resolve any areas of concern.
- Provide appropriate recommendations to ensure the country office’s compliance with Donors and CARE CI requirements
- Prepares and shares with the COs Program Support Directors/ACDs a quarterly report on the COs significant trends, risks, compliance and management issues and makes recommendations for appropriate improvements.
- Support the CARE USA Internal Audit and other external audit engagement and monitor Country Offices compliance obligations with the CARE USA policies and statutory obligations with COs’ local governments;
- Keeps abreast with changes of audit regulations of donors and advices the management accordingly.
- Network and coordinate with the HQ Internal Audit Department and the other regional Audit teams regarding audit & internal control issues. Conduct Audit Training at COs if necessary and required.
- In collaboration with AMS Manager, ensure CARE International Policy on Fraud and Corruption – Awareness, Prevention, Reporting and Response is shared with all staffs, understood and complied with
- Work with COs to ensure Fraud incidents are timely reported to the Donors, CMPs, Award Management Solution and Regional Office
- Support COs to Manage Communication with Donors and CMPs on Audit related issues;
- Support the Investigations as per the Fraud Investigation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow up on the investigations, implementation of investigators recommendations and Semi – Annual Review.
- Share lessons Learned across the Region.
Leadership and Management:
- Lead the COs Audit and compliance teams ensuring an effective and efficient Risk management and coordination and management of resources.
- Support Country Offices with key recruitments in audit / risk management positions.
- Assess the level of capacity and provide necessary coaching and training where required of Country office audit staff.
- Provide leadership to Country office Internal Audit teams within the region.
- Provide adequate technical oversight to Country Office Internal Auditors in the region.
- Facilitate the understanding of the role of Internal Auditing at each level within the region.
- Ensure all Internal Audit standards, IIA standards policies and procedures are followed within the region.
- Manage the team towards high standards of performance through clear roles and responsibilities and on-going feedback and appraisals.
- Pro-actively address performance issues through timely constructive feedback and coaching.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Educational Qualifications / Training
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Accounting / Finance, Accounting or related area from a recognized institution;
- A National Board of Accounting and Auditing Member/ACCA/CPA.
Experiences / Skills:
- Having standards imposed; ensures interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
- Integrity: Maintains social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adheres to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
- Communicating with Impact: Diplomatically, logically and clearly conveying audit trends and findings/solutions through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the recipient / audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Management Excellence: Influences the performance of others, and ultimately, the performance of the organization. Sets direction, promotes compliance.
- Develop Audit Teams: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive COs’ audit teams; facilitates the completion of Auditors’ goals.
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis.
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem.
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined: Situations are variable, and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives and making recommendations. He or she will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
- Integrity and trust
- Functional and technical skills
- Problem solving
- Written communications.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021.
How to Apply For Regional Audit Manager at CARE International
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online